Sunday, May 14, 2006

Closing Delayed (Happy Mother's Day too!)

It is too hard to believe, but my closing date is delayed by 1 day. Tuesday is now the official day for closing. I burst out crying tonight when my realtor called me and told me about this. I pointed out to her that I had JUST finished talking to the kids about our move in for the next day, and how it is too much for them to accept, not only that, but for ME to accept. We have not had our own home for 6 months, and finally after the owners accepting my offer about 5 weeks ago, we were set to move in tomarrow (Monday). The kids and I spent the day (Mother's Day) in our storage unit pulling out things we needed for our first night in the house.

I was so excited to find some old curtains that I used in Ravi's room when he was a baby, that I could use on one of the windows temporarily, and my old India motif valances that I sewed for the kitchen in our old house once-upon-a-time, and all of our sheets and towels. I stuffed all of that in the van, some of the kids toys, and a pot to boil-over some milk in the house before we move in. In fact as Hindus, we need to sweep and clean the house first, then boil-over the milk.

Now, all of this may have to wait until Tuesday.
After my realtor heard me cry big tears, she said that they could probably get an "early move-in" for us, if indeed the owners have moved out. Well, I really hope and pray they have moved out.

We have actually become friends in this time, and I wouldn't want anything to come between us, but by george my kids need to get settled. All three kids were wiggling, giggling, talking and playing two or more hours after lights out tonight. They are so excited. So, if you meditate or pray, please do so for us on Monday.

On a nice note, the kids woke me up with hand made Mother's Day cards. They were so cute and meaningful. They actually hid them in their backpacks since Friday. Otherwise, I haven't had a moment to check their backpacks!

We celebrated Mother's Day at Taco Bell, the only place I could afford, just one day away from what was suppose to be my closing date.

Other news:
My good friend Sara and her husband will be arriving home with their newly adopted daughter, Nittiya, from Thailand, this Tuesday evening. The kids and I can't wait to meet her for the first time. We used to go to airport arrivals more frequently when we live in Memphis, so this will be the first one since arriving in Arkansas. The kids plan to make a poster board welcoming Miss Nittiya home. I had planned to give my friends some home baked goody's, since they won't have time for anything now that they are they parents of 4 busy kids.

So, Happy Mother's Day Sara, and to all of my friends. I am honored to know you, both in real life, and online!

Jyotsna

1 comment:

Indiamommy said...

Thanks for asking. I am about to share that news in a post. Check in soon.

Jyotsna