Sometime between Wednesday afternoon and night, I got an intestinal bug. I was completely out of it until Friday afternoon when I started noticing the phone was ringing alot.
Frankly, I vomited until there was nothing left (sorry). My poor body has been ravaged by this bug, and left me very weak and dizzy.
My wonderful parents came and picked up Ravi and Lakshmi and my friend picked up Priya. Before that, they were making sandwiches, cooking popcorn in the microwave and eating ice cream out of the gallon box with spoons! When they left and I sat down on the living room rug, there were corn kernels everywhere! Ravi even microwaved some vegetarian nuggets.
At some point while I was sleeping in my bed, I had a dream that my bed was a large oven. The bed (really did) got so hot that I had to get out of it. I was so dazed that I didn't know what I was doing or saying. Finally my mom called constantly to remind me to eat...and yesterday I had a half bowl of "no-chicken" noodle soup" by Amys.
Today I ate a scrambled egg (mom said I needed protein and I couldn't cook dal at the time).
I also ate a peice of toast.
Ravi and Lakshmi are home again (Sunday night) and Lakshmi was so glad to see me. She's only four, and is very attachmed to me, altho she loves my mom. Well, I sure hope I get better. With Ravi on spring break, we want to go to the zoo this week and have a picnic, and now....I can't stand the thought of driving, eating or looking at stinky animals!!!
Jyotsna
No comments:
Post a Comment