Today at Ravi's school was Muffins with Moms. I didn't have childcare for the girls, so I took them too. It really wasn't that nice because it is supposed to be with "MOM"! Anyway, I went to talk to Ravi's teacher and she filled me in on all of the problems Ravi is having in the class room. He was doing so well in the fall, and now it seems he is heading to rock bottom. Several times when she has left the room to do something, Ravi gets up and runs around, shouts, visits neighbors and of course...gets caught! Last time (this week) she heard him from all the way down the hall (and they have such long halls there). I was shocked to hear that, because it is hard to hear a full class all the way down the hall.
Anyway, I have decided that I will send him to school only 4 hours a day to see what we can do to straighten out his behavior. Frankly, I think I will have to take him out of school for the rest of the year, but we will see.
Every once in a while, both Ravi and Priya decide they are going to scream and cry all day long. So far, it started this morning with Ravi screaming because I made him brush his teeth. When you are 8 years old, it is simply a matter of self-control. However, with Ravi, he can't control himself!
Then this afternoon Priya decided to scream and cry. Lakshmi just usually behaves very nicely, and for that I am so thankful. I really ENJOY Lakshmi. Ravi and Priya are different. I love them very much, but I don't enjoy them because they are always doing something that is out of bounds or plain mean. Hopefully my plan to reduce Ravi's hours at school will work.
His teacher is in full cooperation with me fortunately. She is a great person.
Jyotsna
1 comment:
Hi- I have a seven year old son & boy is he unmotivated-but yet very bright. Do you have any suggestions for me? He is in a montesorri school, was homeschooled this year till he made me crazy & i put him back in school. He has attended montesorri since he was three! Very very lazy. Don't know what to do. I find myself yelling more than anything these days. I admire parenting style & need some sort of new ideas. thanks
Post a Comment