Thursday, September 23, 2004

The Nina, Massage School, Natural Home Magazine

The Nina
This past Sunday, I took the kids to see The Nina, which is an exact replica of Christopher Columbus' favorite ship. It was amazing, and small! They told us that 27 men plus Columbus lived on this ship. They worked, ate and lived on the deck, which was crowded with just 5 or 6 people on the ship. Some stayed up in the masts, others on the upper deck where all the ropes and sailing apparatus were hooked up. There wasn't any protection from the elements, and it is truely amazing that Columbus and his men made the trip to America, and other ports. While reading the history books tells the story, seeing the ship and the conditions the men were under really tells what they were like. Just a gusty wind or a wave could have easily washed a few men off the deck! Can't imagine how they made it here.

Now I realize that America was not truely discovered as it was inhabited already by the Native Americans, just this part of history, seeing how they traversed, it truely incredible.
Check it out at thenina.com so you can see when she will be arriving in your port!

Seeing the ship was wonderful, but we also spent our afternoon at the river park, where we spashed in the simulated Mississippi River at Mud Island. It was an absolutely beautiful day, and I hope we get to do that again before the days shorten.

My little toe is healing, but still smarts alot. Walking all that way on Sunday caused some stress to my toe, and I have a bit more swelling than I did originally.

Massage School
Yesterday in class, I announced that I was looking for "practice bodies" to do massage on since my final massage (for a grade) is coming up very soon. Several people in the class took down my number. Much to my relief because I have to practice quite a bit before I do my final massage. I have been out of practice since April when I finished all my massage logs required to graduate (90 of them!).

I got my test back and wasn't too pleased with my grade. I hope they let me take it again, because it will pull down my average!

Natural Home Magazine
I love reading Natural Home Magazine...all about living green, natural living, environment, recycling ect. I contacted them and asked could I write an article for them (topic withheld from here!) and they want to see it! The website says that they recieve articles 8 to 9 months before publishing, and retain the right to edit. Well, I think I will send in the article, and perhaps in a year or less, it will be published!

Love, Jyotsna

No comments: