I am really praying to Lord Ganesha today. I broke my toe this morning, and this time I got a transverse break, which means that it broke clean across. This is the same toe I broke two weeks ago. I had gotten up this morning to go to the bathroom, slid out of bed and walked across the hallway to come back to bed and accidently hit the vacuum with my right baby toe.
Damn vacuum! I don't know why I left it sitting there. I hate myself at moments like this!
I heard the bone snap, then the wave of nausea, pain and freaking out came over me like a tidal wave. This one hurt more than the last one. Took me 10 minutes to stop moaning and crying, while grabbing my foot. Finally after laying there for a few minutes, I got up, found the first aid kit and applied two layers of tape around my foot to splint my toe to my foot. Then I got the frozen crowder peas out of the freezer and put that on my foot for half an hour. It helped the initial swelling alot, but the pain is still very much there. If I walk on my heel, I can keep the pain down a bit.
Lakshmi and Priya heard me break my toe, and they were rushing to my side to see what was wrong. I think I scared them alot.
I went to school, but decided to go home. I just don't think I can manage the pain there, and still focus on work.
BTW, I took a test yesterday and I am waiting to get my grade. When I left school this morning, I asked them to call me once it was graded, because I am experiencing alot of nervousness waiting to see how I did. I hope they will call. I also hope I made an A. One question I didn't know the answer to but guessed it, and two I wasn't sure on. We will see!
All the hurricanes coming up from the Gulf of Mexico are giving us alot of wind. Nothing compared to the Gulf Coast of course! But it has been nice and breezy, which I was glad of. Yesterday, the edge of the hurricane passed over our city, and the whole sky was covered with swirling clouds. Just a bit of rain here and there, and now today is it sunny and beautiful.
I can't image what the people in coastal Alabama, Florida and Mississippi are experiencing. The images on the tv were very horrible...lots of loss of homes, some deaths and alot of people who have no electricity nor will they have some for a few weeks.
A year ago, we had a very bad storm cell come through here and due to the large amount of straight line winds, we lost electricity for 2 weeks. It was hell literally. I can't imagine going longer than that, and this is what the people from the coastal regions are facing.
Jyotsna
No comments:
Post a Comment