I snagged these camera phone pictures (low quality) last week, and thought I would share the joys of homeschooling.
When we showed up to swim at the pool on Monday, the person at the desk was very concerned that the kids weren't at school. She in fact said that the kids couldn't come in. Of course I challenged her, and she said that our city has made it a law that no school aged child can swim during school hours. Funny thing was that I had just spoken to the program coordinator for the aquatic center, about having a twice monthly homeschool swim. Once I explained that, the woman calmed down and kept explaining that she has only had experience with one other homeschool group.
After all the commotion, the kids were allowed to swim. We went on to swim for a couple of hours. I know that as fall moves in and the cold wintery days take over, we will have a refuge from the weather, where we can swim. We will count this as physical education. : )



J.
No comments:
Post a Comment