Ravi had his birthday party on August 2nd. I took several pictures, but didn't think they turned out that well. Also, Ravi was wearing clothing that looked like used womens clothing. I felt bad for him having to wear those clothes at all, but especially on a birthday, because in both American culture and Indian culture, children get new clothes to wear on their birthday.
Since he was with his dad, I thought he would wear at least semi-decent clothing on his birthday. Afterall his dad had good clothing on. Anyway, I decided to post the photos because I adore my son, and I realize this was just a temporary thing which has dad had made him do.
Birthday's are very special, and I don't want Ravi to think his birthday was any different.
First, Ravi was with me on Thursday, July 31st, which was August 1st in India. So we had a special meal and I put a candle in an icecream for Ravi to blow out. Then the photos move on to his actual birthday party. Ravi's dad had his party at the church where he attends. (yes C is a "Christian" now)
The gym space was a great place to have the party. Mostly boys were invited, but Ravi invited a girl that he likes alot too. His cousins were there, along with a few girls who were especially invited for Lakshmi and Priya to play with. That was very nice of him. The kids play all types of ball games from basketball to more. I had planned to do some activity, but I never got time to suggest anything because they played nonstop. Ravi was very happy. It was good to see him that happy.
So now for the photos...

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR SON!!!!
Jyotsna
No comments:
Post a Comment