This article has come at the right time for me. I believe I am making some mistakes about the way I am raising my kids as Hindus. I felt this for this whole year, and certainly, I feel much better after reading this article about Raising Hindu Children.
I am so clear in what to do to improve my kids understanding of what being Hindu is all about. It wasn't a great idea to take Ravi to Vacation Bible School, but it also didn't hurt him badly. What was the worst thing I did for all three kids, and myself, was to not include Hindu worship in our every day life. Bringing Hindu culture into our lives recently has been great, and Indian culture for the kids as well.
While I am aware of who "I" am, but I had forgotten to make sure my kids know who they are, as their Mama Guide.
Interestingly, at the same time that I felt concern for my kids, I have again been invited to run the Kid's Corner at IndiaFest this year. I wasn't planning on doing this again, because I was all bummed out about being stuck in this bird cage of a legal issue. My wings have been clipped, and I allowed that to stop me from feeling happy. And now, just like that, I can see so very clearly, and I am in the right place.
This time in the kids lives is the most important time for them if I am going to impart my Hindu values on them. I've GOT IT! : ) Okay universe, you can stop now! : )
Jyotsna
1 comment:
hi jyotsna
i have posted a recipe using potatoes on my site.hoping to see you on my blog.bye
paati
http://enveetusamayal.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment