Friday, April 15, 2005

Priya doing better!

I know I say this from time to time that Priya is doing better, then she backtracks, but she has been home from her repite care family for 2 days and it seems that she is doing great. She only had one massive temper tantrum, which was last night. Lakshmi and Priya sleep in the family bed (Priya is sleeping in there alot now) and for some reason, the girls play or fight instead of going to sleep. I stepped in a few weeks ago and started seperating them at night time.

Priya goes to bed first, and Lakshmi falls asleep on the sofa in the living room. When Priya is asleep, I move Lakshmi back into the bed. Lakshmi is handling this fine. Last night Priya didn't fall asleep right away, and I didn't realize it. So when I put Lakshmi back in bed, Priya woke Lakshmi up by pinching her. Lakshmi started screaming (she was entirely asleep!) and so I just swiftly moved her out of there and put her back on the sofa, after cuddling her.

Apparently Priya didn't like it that I stopped all of that, so she began to cry in an angry way. She cried for a full hour! But she has been waking up happy and making eye contact with me, being sweet and more. I just hope this continues. It just breaks my heart to see her not able to function in the real world, with her family.

Jyotsna

No comments: