Leaving
I have cradled you in the crook of my arm since you were 11 months old; a gift from your birthmother, and from your country India. Breathing in deeply as I take in the essence of your hair, I remember every milestone, and every precious moment you have shared with me. Oh how I feel blessed, to have experienced motherhood first by you. Each hug on my leg, each kiss on my cheek, and all the times that you fell down and scraped your chubby knee...oh how can you be taking all of this from me?And now you are leaving. Your ticket is purchased. Adventures and excitement lie ahead of you as you reach out and embrace life and experience it out of the reach of my arms. I will put up a brave face. I will wish you well and send you off with a dozen kisses. But when you turn your back to me, I will weep, softly at first, and then with the roar of the ocean I will wail and beat my chest. I will lay my body on the ground, and not get up until the tide has ebbed. How can I let you go now?
Jyotsna
1 comment:
Just in case anyone read this and wondered if I Ravi has moved...no.
On MDC, there is a writers group (not that I belong to it) and this post came from that. I chose the subject leaving, and the rest came from there!
Jyotsna
Post a Comment