This past weekend was something. Priya went for her respite care for Friday (and Friday night). So down to two kids, Lakshmi annouced that she wanted to go somewhere too!
So I called up my mom and dad and asked if she could spend the night with them on Saturday night. I thought Priya would be home by then, so it would be Ravi and Priya at home, but Priya ended up spending the night on Saturday night too, so that just left Ravi after my parents picked up Lakshmi.
Obviously, she was so insanely jealous that Priya was spending the night away from home, that she HAD to spend the night away. She was getting really mad that she was having to stay home. This from my little home-buddy bunny who loves to be with mama, and snuggle, hang out with me.
Before my parents came to pick her up and take her to dinner with them, Lakshmi announced that from now on, she wanted to be called, "My Little Pony"! Everytime I would forget and call her Lakshmi, she was get all bossy and say, "MY NAME IS My Little Pony"!
Well, mom and dad came, and then that left just Ravi and me for the evening. We decided that we were going to see one of the films at the IMAX theatre, but they were starting their last show by the time we got there. So we decided to see what movies were playing. We ran into some friends and their sons on the way in, who had just seen "Are We There Yet" and they said it was a great movie. I honestly haven't seen a movie since we adopted Ravi, so I had no idea what to look for. Anyway, it was PG, and that sounded okay. The other PG movie was called "Racing Stripes" and Ravi didn't want to see it.
We had about 30 minutes before the movie started, so we went into the arcade to play a game. Ravi wanted to play a racing game, so I loaded up the machine with quarters and we both played. It was a simulated driving game, and OH MY! We had lots of fun, driving off the roads, and we could see on our screen each others car, so we raced each other. By the time we did that twice, it was almost time for the movie to start.
We got popcorn and a sprite to share, and went to our seats. I almost dropped the popcorn when the first preview came on, that WASN'T PG! I held my hands over Ravi's eyes so he couldn't see all the gansta shooting and sex stuff! I couldn't believe all the other kids in the theatre were watching it, their parents laughing and no one cared that their child was watching it. I almost got up, but we wanted to see the movie. The movie started, and it was HORRIBLE. It was very funny, but my 8 year old was watching. The spoiled brat kids were basically trying to keep their mom from dating. It was along the lines of the movie "Home Alone" but worse. Funny for an adult to watch, but too much fuel for the imagination of a child.
Anyway, we did watch the movie, and towards the end, Ravi was asleep anyway. We talked about the movie, and how unrealistic it was, and how the kids could have never pulled all that off (like getting on the train in that empty car, and going to their dad's house alone in the rain!) and so he has to see this movie as a comedy, rather than a reality. Also, there was alot of cursing in the movie...(damn and other similar curse words). I guess I am still thinking that PG would be something less than this was.
I really wish we had seen Racing Stripes, but I guess we will having something to see next time the girls are gone. I had a really good time having special time with my first child, my little son, who is now growing a bit of a mustache at 8 years old!
Sunday we went to pick up Lakshmi in the morning, and then picked up Priya right after that. We were on the road for 2 1/2 hours (there and back, and getting Priya). While we were at my parents house, they served us tea and spinach quiche (they are Scottish). I asked my dad about the piano, and how much repair it will need, and he said very little. I will take it once we move.
Anyway, all in all, I had a great time with Ravi and it was the first time in years that just mom and Ravi could spend some time together, without the girls. He was in heaven!
Fast forward to last night:
Since I co-sleep with my girls, I always know when they have a fever or are sick. Last night I touched Lakshmi in my sleep, and was immediately woken up from her hot skin. She had a fever or 103.2. I gave her a large dose of Tylenol and we went back to sleep. I was worried she would start throwing up in the bed, as we know several adults and kids with intestinal virus, but she didn't, and woke up feeling happy.
However, early this night, she sat up in the bed and vomitted. Argh! I feel sorry for my poor baby, but it took me about 45 minutes to get her cleaned up, get the sheets and blankets of the bed and remake the bed. Fortunately, she felt alot better afterwards. I think I can count on my right hand how many times Lakshmi has thown up (not including her first year of reflux projectile vomiting!). So I am counting my lucky blessings. I have the clothes and sheets in the washer right now, and I am waiting for them to finish so I can get them in the dryer. I am worried that she will do it again, and we only have two sets for our king bed. also, it is so cold, that I have 4 blankets on the bed right now. If she throws up on them, we will freeze tonight!
Earlier in Target tonight, I bought the girls their first NEW pairs of earrings. They are tiny hoops. I have looked at lots of different types of earrings, but only posts or tiny hoops will stay in with all that long hair. I didn't want them to come out at night while they are sleeping, or get caught in their hair. When they are older, there is plenty of Indian (22 k) jewelry for them to wear. The earrings they are wearing right now are the ones they had their ears peirced in. They have those locking-backs on them. Even with the locking-backs, they have both lost one earring each.
Jyotsna
No comments:
Post a Comment