Friday, September 03, 2004

First Post at blogspot

***I decided to move my journal here to blogger.com***
after seeing a friends journal here.
Seems like an easier way to journal online.

Well, just carrying on from the previous journal. Yesterday when I picked up the girls from Pre-Kindergarten, Priya was walking funny. I could smell it and knew she had a poop in her panties! (just jumping right in here!!) lol! I asked her what happened, and she told me that she was put in time out by her teacher, and was so mad about it that she decided to poop! See, things are just never this simple. I don't know why she decided to do it, but goodness...I hope she doesn't do it again. I was slightly upset. I haven't had to clean up something like this in a VERY VERY long time. I had to borrow a diaper and put it on her. Her clothes were all dirty, and shoes too. I just carried her out in a diaper and her shirt. She was VERY mad.

Sometimes, she gets so mad she makes bad choices. I hope she learned from the plain embarrassment from having no pants or shoes, that this was a bad choice.

Today, I got a call from the hearing impaired program that they would be observing the girls to see if they would qualify as "typical language examples" in their half day program next door to the pre-k. I really hope they do qualify, as I would love for them to be in a program where they recieve special attention (there will be 2 HIP vs 2 TLE kids in the class). Four kids ONLY per one teacher. Anyway, I will find out on Tuesday if they qualified, then also find out the cost. I heard from someone that there is NO clost for TLE's. That would be fabulous. They could really benefit from this special program. My suspision is that Priya will qualify, and Lakshmi won't. Lakshmi is quieter than Priya. She can speak very well, she just doesn't always speak up unless she has something to say, or someone is asking her a question, whereas Priya will talk more frequently.

Ravi is doing GREAT in school this year. I am so happy. I just got his weekly evaluation and the teacher wrote in the comment section that "Ravi is having a great 2nd grade year!". Wow...made my heart glow!

Now about me...I have to finish massage therapy school by September 23. Goodness...that is coming fast.

I have just started a new mailing list called Hindu Families list. There was once another list called Hindu Families, but that list is gone now I think (or at least it isn't going by that name now). If you are a Hindu, whether by birth or "self-conversion", please join me at Hindu-Families@yahoogroups.com.

Jyotsna

No comments: