Monday, October 10, 2011
Manual Monday: Priya's Pink Hat...Finished!
On Manual Monday, I'll always share something I'm working on, or something I've finished. It could be knitting, sewing, or anything else that can be made on a machine, but I choose to make with my own hands.
Today, I want to share the cute little hat that I salvaged from my daughter Priya. Priya did a pretty good job, but I had to fix some of her mistakes. Some were not completely fix-able. The hat looks really cute, and it's now ready to be sent to a sweet and deserving little girl. I think this hat will fit a two year old. At first when Priya started, she was working to make a hat for her doll. She told me this after I started working on it. LOL!
I put a cute pom-pom on it. Hope you enjoy. Priya is half responsible for this, and I am half responsible for this. Just wanted to give her kudo's for starting the hat in the first place. : )
Look for other things we are working on. My daughters attend K-12 virtual school (home school) and this is their fall break this week. I have a feeling that we will be busy making holiday gifts.
So even if you are a beginner, pick up your needles and start knitting. It's enjoyable to learn and to make things you can use. There is nothing more satisfying than knowing that someone benefited from your knitting!
Jyotsna
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sweet! My oldest daughter (8) likes to knit too, but she's in school this year, so not so much time for it :(
Thanks. She's improving. She made a purse for herself, and a few other things. Yes, not having time for it can slow down improvement, but she will pick it up again. It's like riding I bike. My daughter's are homeschooling this year, but they are using K-12. So their time is limited. I drag out the yarn and needles to start thinking about a project, and then they get interested. : )
Post a Comment