
I think there's a chill in the air. I had to grab my jacket when I got up this morning. I immediately thought of the approaching winter holidays. Everyone knows it's been very popular for several years to "make your own" holiday gifts. Until the winter holidays are over, I'll try to write a post on Monday that has to do with making gifts for the ones you love. Let's face it...our country is in debt, people are struggling to get food on the table and pay mortgage and utility bills, so why would someone want to actually put debt on their credit card, and be in financial jeopardy on January first? I'll share everything I love. What makes the cut for me? It will need to be easy to make at home, easy to find the supplies and ingredients, especially locally, and it should be fairly sensible. I won't promise everything I post will be sensible. Some things will be included just for how much joy they will bring to a child. Okay, sharpen your scissors, dust off your knitting needles and crochet hooks, shine your hammer and ready, set go!
Check out this Hand Knit Mason Jar Cozy. Over at Verde Mama's blog, Nikole shows how she makes the Jar Cozy. I bet this is subject to personal interpretation, and I plan to make one for my half gallon size Mason Jar, with a pretty hefty handle. I'll post a picture when I'm done. I would like to take it in the car, to picnics or to a party, filled with ice tea, baked apples, or anything else. Mmmmm! Just think about it. I can smell the baked apples, and I love breaking the habit of using paper and plastics. Do two good turns in one with this!
And here is a deviation from the one above. Kristin at Briney Deep Designs has a recipe for yogurt and a pattern for a Mason jar cozy.
If you crochet instead, then you may want to check out Coffee and Cream...Life is Better with Caffeine's blog, where she has as cute crocheted jar cozy just for you!
The photo above of the jar cozy's and flowers is from Megan's Etsy Shop. If you would like to buy these, they are for sale.
Okay, start clicking your needles...and please share links of your success!
Jyotsna
4 comments:
Thank you for leaving the comment on my blog today...just off to have a browse around yours now :o)
Thanks Shell!
Thanks for the mention. I'm looking forward to seeing how yours comes out for a half-gallon size!
I'm working on it. It might be till November before I finish it. As usual, I have several projects at once. I'm making a few nice cotton wash cloths as mine are getting kind of old. And then I'm finishing a hat (probably 1 more day). My daughter started it and she didn't finish, and she had mistakes. I fixed it and I'm planning to find a child who needs a hat, but mom and dad can't afford one, and give it. Thanks for checking out my blog.
Jyotsna
Post a Comment