Saturday, July 02, 2011

New House....


Our new house....


Well, I need to do a little catching up. We moved into a new house in January (actually rented in Jan, but moved everything in March). We are in the city again. It's good and bad. There are parks and sidewalks, and neighbors, and that is very nice. Most of my neighbors are terrific. And I did pick a house that has a very large corner lot. It took us weeks to get used to the street lights outside. It was like day light inside the house. But now we think nothing of it.

It's nice to enjoy the simplicity that we have been living for a few years. Things are too cluttered, except for my room. And that is about to change. I have a garage (carport) sell planned with a neighbor, and we are going to set up our wares and put up signs, advertise, and try to get rid of everything we don't want or have room for.

Once we do that, it's Craigslist or Freecycle for everything else. I love my simplicity, and it seems the kids are getting into the groove too. Ravi is honestly having a harder time parting with things that are his though. He wants to save everything for his son. He's 14, so that's going to be a while. ; )

Our lives are really starting to settle down and get into a normal routine for the first time since my divorce 6 years ago. I'm feeling very happy, and I think the kids are for the most part too. I started thinking about how much I want to be a foster parent, so I am going to explore the foster program here, to get trained. Maybe in another 6 months I'll be welcoming in a baby or toddler to our home.

Our home is close to the park, and to our favorite Pizza place. We walk many places, and my son takes his bike too.

I'll add photos to share our new house with you. These photos may not have our house in lived in look, but these were from March. Thanks!





1 comment:

Indiamommy said...

I need to update these photos. Our house is looking MUCH better. : )