Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Lakshmi



I couldn't help but set up a birthday montage for Lakshmi.
Not having her here is very hard, because I have never spent a single birthday apart from her. And she has never spent a single birthday apart from me. Then I have to go through this with Ravi too. His birthday is on August 1st, and I won't have the children until August 10th. This will be the last year this happens.

I can't believe I'm saying it, but I can't wait to hear the kids fussing and fighting again, and I'm going to love every single minute of it. Remind me later if I say anything differently.

She is eight years old now, and it is just unbelievable how much she has grown this year. She grew 1 inch, and put on 2 pounds. It doesn't sound like much, but it has made a big difference in the way she looks. first, she looks very thin. Second, she has grown taller. All of her pants from last year have been given to Priya. Priya suddenly has a drawer full of clothing, and Lakshmi needs clothes.

Anyway, I miss her and I sleep with her blanket. When she spent the night Friday night, for Priya's birthday party, she piled all of her stuffed animals up on my bed, and told me, "Mommy, if you ever miss me, just hug my babies".
She's a great kid, and I know somehow I will get this time back that has been taken away by him, and she will not suffer the misery that Ravi has been suffering all these years, at the hand of his dad.

Okay, Happy Birthday dear young lady!
Mommy

No comments: