Thursday, July 24, 2008

Lakshmi Came Home, for a night


Lakshmi and Ravi went swimming with me yesterday (their dad called me up at 4 o'clock and said, "I'm bringing the children to you in 5 minutes", then he slammed the phone down.
That was the very first time I heard about it! I never know what thing he will do when it concerns the kids. Anyway, he dropped them off at the pool. I keep their swimsuits and towels in the van just in case their dad will let them go. So they got changed into their swim suits and came into the water. What fun we had. Ravi hasn't been swimming for 1 year, and that was for about 30 minutes. This time I got him to float on his back, to try the dead man's float (face down) ect. He did alot of splashing around in the pool, chopping the water with his hands. I showed him how to position his arms and hands while swimming, and he nearly had it. I was very impressed that he remembered so much from the last swimming lesson, 2 years ago.

Anyway, I think if he could swim every day for one week, with me teaching him, he would be ready for a swim team. He's nearly there.

Lakshmi is still scared in the water, and she needs more play time. I did get her to hold her arms straight (like toothpicks I tell her) and lay them on the kick board and kick her legs. I had her in the middle of the pool yesterday, when she suddenly realized that she was in over her head, AND LET GO! I worked with her on minding me when we are in deep water, and just trusting me because I will always take care of her. She has such a deep fear. I think deeper than Priya's. Anyway, after about 1 hour of swimming, (and me making suggestions for her to try this or that) she finally independently bobbed in the deeper end. (not the deepest end). I was really impressed. We had alot of fun just paddling around, and I think that will go along way towards helping her to be more comfortable with the pool.

Lastly, I am slowly getting more freckles. I haven't had this many since I was a child of 8 years old myself. I can't believe I am the same milky white girl, of the past winter. I have a bit of tanning now too.

Both Ravi and Lakshmi came home with me, but Ravi wanted to go back to his dad's house, to have "alone time" with his dad. I think he expected me to say "NO" or to beg him to stay with me, and when I called his dad, he looked puzzled. But I want to make absolutely clear to Ravi that he is welcome to be here when he is staying with his dad in the summer, but when it is time to come home, he will have to come. He said he understood.

Lakshmi and I watched her new movie she got for her birthday. She got Ratatouie (sp?). Then we had dinner (Rice and tomato rasam). She had some cookies afterwards and then she was very very sleepy. Swimming makes me sleepy too.

I can't tell you how wonderful it felt inside the house last night, have had my Ravi and Lakshmi there. And this morning when I woke up, Lakshmi was still sleeping. I made biscuits and veggie sausage. It's clearly a special treat. Not something we always have. Lakshmi ate it all up.

Then before I took her back to her dad's house, she played with her Polly Pockets, then played some music for me on the piano. It was a wonderful visit, which I hope will happen again. I also hope Ravi will stay over next time too.

The photos speak for themselves.






Click Here to Advertise on My Blog

No comments: