Thursday, June 02, 2005

Hot water and the water heater

There is one thing I am always so thankful for and that is our water heater! However, lately the water heater is no longer working. I have to drive the kids over to my brothers house to bathe them and I am suffering through cold showers. Oh...leave me breathless! Well, at least the blow dryer warms me up!

It will cost $800 to get a new water heater and have it installed, and I just don't have that money. Also, I will hopefully be out of this house in a week or so!

Fortunately the weather is getting warmer, so I can shower and run outdoors to take the chills away!

Jyotsna

2 comments:

Amy T said...

Oh that's gotta be miserable! Can you boil some water in a kettle and add it to a bucket of the cold water for an Indian-style bath?

Indiamommy said...

Amy,

Yes, Ravi and I are doing Indian style baths. I am washing the girls pretty good in the kitchen sink. I am fill the sink half way with cold, and half way with boiling water. Thats the right temp for the girls.

Melinda,

Yes, I have checked, and everyone around here is asking for about $800 to buy a new one and install it. Unfortunately, our city is just generally more expensive than Nashville.
My friends in Arkansas are always surprised how much the difference in food, gasoline, and much more are. We are just on the border of Arkansas and Mississippi. Just very expensive here.

Thanks both of you for your concern! I hope to be out of this house very soon, so I won't have to repair this. Dh will be taking the house when I move out.

Jyotsna