Monday, May 30, 2005

Memorial Day

Well, we haven't done much celebrating today, but I mentioned to Ravi that alot of people travel, go camping or have a big party on Memorial Day.

Being so wise, he asked me, "What does Memorial mean?". I expained that memorializing someone is to remember someone who has died, and that is what America does on this day...remembers those who fought for our country and died trying to win the wars.
He looked at me with that all knowing face, and said, "What? American has parties for the dead people who fought in wars?". How can you explain such a thing when you don't really believe in war in the first place??

Well, I suppose we will get some of those good veggie dogs that cook nicely in a pan, with some vegetarian baked beans, some store bought potato salad and kool-aid...to dye our insides!

Jyotsna

No comments: