If the above title of my post doesn't give you any idea of what is going on in my small life, then you haven't got a clue! It has been nearly 10 days since I posted. I really thought we would be settling in to our temporary home by now, but alot has changed that!
Well first, last Thursday someone knocked at the door, called my name and before I knew it, I had been fooled into being served an injunction to keep me from moving. Normally if your married partner doesn't want you moving with the children, then you are served an injunction to keep you from moving 100 miles from the marital home. But my lovely dear spouse (that is all that I can call him without saying something harsh) has asked the judge for special provisions to keep me from moving from the state of Tennesee. My parents live 24 miles from here, but they are in another state. The attachment therapist is 145 miles from here, but I can't take Ravi and Priya to her. I am literally a prisoner of my city. Anything to the west of my city is another state. Anything that is south of my city is another state. Anything that is east of my city is somewhere I have no family or friends. Anything that is north of my city is unknown territory.
It was a SPECIAL request to keep the children and I from staying with my parents during this horrible time. When I told my mom that the kids and I would not be able to come to her house until the divorce is final, she cried. She only lives 24 miles from here. Normally you can't go any further than 100 miles. I hate being in my home. I feel unsafe here. The police have been here several times since I was served due to strange situations.
My kids feel out of sorts. They were so excited about moving, about being near our friends, but now we are living out of boxes. I hate to unpack, as that took over 2 weeks to pack. I have some silverware, plates and one pan out.
My friends who put so much work into their 400 foot addition that we would be staying in temporarily, were so dissapointed. Their kids, and my kids (total of 6 kids) all felt very let down but the fact that we couldn't move in.
The court date is July 1st, and I will be taking an attorney with me to resolve this issue. I heard from dh about this issue a few days ago, and he wanted to settle out of court, just dh and me. Ha Ha! I wouldn't ever find myself in his presence without an attorney.
Well, this is the saga of a three year seperation between dh and me. During the last several weeks before I was served, I had trusted him in the house, with the children ect. Apparently this was a process of getting me comfortable with him, as he was stealing things of mine right from under my nose!
I can't say exactly what, or just how I know about this, but it happened.
Soon I will post about other fun things!
Jyotsna
2 comments:
Poor Jyotsna! I had no idea you were going through this with your husband. I sincerely hope that things will work out for you in your favor because it's certainly for your precious children's benefit. My thoughts are with you.
Oh no I had no idea as well. I sincerely hope that things would work out with you.
Post a Comment