Oh my...I thought this was hilarious. I was going about my usual mundane chores and clearing out the house, and suddenly my ears tuned in to what Lakshmi was singing...
"America, America, the lord has come, Baruch atah adonai, jai Ganesha!".
Okay, from this, you can learn a few things about our family.
#1. we watch (with distrust) any announcment or debate that George W. Bush does on TV, and listen in the car on NPR. I am sure this is where "America, America, the lord has come" CAME from. (lol)
#2. we have Jewish friends and sometimes we are privy to their dinner prayers or songs. "Baruch atah adonai" came from this source.
#3. Jai Ganesha? Well, of course from our family, from temple, and from so many sources we know about.
I thought this was really, really funny. I think the first one is the funniest! "W" truely thinks the LORD HAS COME in this, his LAST term!
Jyotsna
No comments:
Post a Comment