About 3 weeks ago, I took the kids to a church called First Congo to walk the labrinth and also play some instruments like the piano and drums. I was playing the piano and Lakshmi wanted me to play a "heart" song. I told her I didn't know one. Then she sang..."hearts are opening all around" and the next thing that came to my mind was "people are getting together".
The kids got so excited that we could just arrange some words in a certain order and call it a song, that they finished writing the song. I am really proud of them. They are so little that I wonder how children can write songs, but they did.
Hearts Are Opening
Hearts are opening all around,
People are getting together.
Spirits are soaring up to the clouds,
Flowers are growing like crazy.
Peace is everything,
Let freedom ring,
All over this world.
Faces are sparkling,
Children singing,
Let there be PEACE.
In spite of all the difficulties of raising three kids, I am awfully darn proud!
Jyotsna
No comments:
Post a Comment